• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Enjoying fevers from the flu

Toast to the Spirits

Bluelighter
Tonight I came down with what I assume is a flu. My throat suddenly became infected but I felt no other symptoms for 3-4 hours. Then a fever hit. For the first time I realized that it actually felt pretty good! Its like a nice body high when you are not too cold. I just love snuggling up in my warm pajamas and blankets. Every time the fever goes away I feel irritated about my throat but when the fever is present, I feel great. Lol. No tylenol for me unless of course in the case my temperature gets extremely high. Anyone else ever notice this about fevers?

uhhhh, YA. Totally, man. I get a nice buzz, I feel a like I'm grade school age, I feel more tolerant of everything, and yeah. It's like getting high from fevers or something. One time it was so awesome I was afraid I was killing brain cells or something.

Man fevers suck.

for three days i had a fever ranging from 100-104.6 and that shit wasn't fun at all.

Hitting 104 and above, everything feels like it is on fire under you. Cold bath is needed to bring the temp down.
I know when I'm running a fever at 99. My core temp is lower than most people. I often just take something and shrug if off that low. "At least I'm not cold" Nothing is worse than getting chills with it. Sleeping is impossible. Hot, cold, hot cold grr
This is all Fahrenheit by the way ;)

Eh, from a fever I sort of feel "off" which sometimes means high. I always know when I'm getting a fever too, cause I have a naturally lower body temperature.

What do you know, I was enjoying a fever with chills just yesterday. A warm, fuzzy feeling, like snuggling into the bedsheets after coming inside from a cold winter day. On the other hand, I was slipping in and out of dreams straight from waking, and they had somewhat sinister undertones.

The highest I've gone was 106 degrees F, and then I was definitely halfway in dreamworld, and the dreams derailed into deathly endings.